PulteGroup seeks driven Procurement Agent to support the Northeast Corridor Division in Basking Ridge, New Jersey!
We know that BUILDING THE BEST HOMES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
PulteGroup has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years. We “Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!” Today, PulteGroup operates in approximately 50 markets throughout the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by volume. With a focus on driving return on invested capital, Pulte has also begun delivering top quartile operating performance versus homebuilding peers. Our success is attributed to our great people. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders and pioneers. If you are interested in being a part of the Pulte team, let’s talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Responsible for entering into negotiations with suppliers and trade partners by reviewing terms and conditions, establishing pricing, contract formulation, and any supplier management conditions affecting the division.
- Provide accurate and timely local supplier negotiations and contracting based on defined category selection criteria (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
- Manage supplier performance monitoring within the division (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
- National: manage compliance to agreements, scopes, etc.
- Local: manage and execute contract agreements consistent with sourcing guidelines
- Assist in resolving issues and conflicts related to Trade Partner activities
- Maintain all applicable databases (Purchase Pro, DMTs, etc.) used in developing the cost and quantity estimates
- Verify estimates of costs and quantities of residential products using comparative and differential estimating techniques
- Responsible for Trade Partner Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement and validation
- Performs analysis of Trade Partner data submissions and manages impact of commodity fluctuations
- Communicate completed estimates to the construction personnel, trade subcontractors and vendors
- Complete necessary customer option estimates
- Collaborate with Zone Product, DCOs, CMs, FMs, PIMs, RPMs and Sales
- Control trade category costs by utilizing zone tools and methodologies
- Responsible for assigned Project Tracker categories and rebate capture
- Follow Pulte business processes for supplier management
Level: Mentor / Coach / Feedback
(Decision making, size of organization, budgetary, etc.)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
(Degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- ISCM accreditation preferred
(Work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 1 year
- Business acumen including understanding the impact of purchasing costs on income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures
- Purchasing and supply chain experience
- Ability to negotiate in a cost transparent environment
- Ability to develop and improve vendor partnerships
- Construction knowledge
- Ability to work in continuous improvement environment
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Operations Production Specialist
Ben oversees the loan pipeline, prioritizing in order to ensure that everything runs according to the schedule—and that all customer needs are met.
Back to top