NSS Staff Accountant
We know that BUILDING HOMES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM! PulteGroup has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years and has delivered over 625,000 homes. We “Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!” Today, PulteGroup, a member of the S&P 500 Index, operates in approximately 50 markets across the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by volume. We believe that success starts with having the right people – those who have the right attitude and aptitude. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders, and pioneers.
Are you a high-energy finance or accounting professional with 3 years of finance or accounting experience? If you enjoy critical analysis of facts to ensure that the proper accounting action is applied. If you are a strong communicator, relationship builder, collaborator, and the ability to work with various partners to build and maintain strong working relationships with operational clients and accounting/finance team members, then this position is for you! You will be responsible facilitating division level accounting activities within the NFS General Ledger Team, including financial and cost accounting functions.
You will be responsible for:
- Participates in month-end close process.
- Prepares weekly cash forecasts.
- Facilitates the recording of general monthly journal entries, including cash entries.
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations, including the reconciliation of cash and accounts receivable.
- Assists with fixed asset additions, disposals and transfers.
- Performs a review of budgeted house cost versus actual house cost, working with Division Construction and Purchasing personnel, as well as the NPS Team.
- Prepares the house closing journal entries, which recognize revenue and cost of sales, and relieve house inventory.
- Participates in the NFS’ self-audit program (Quality Assurance Program).
- Provides financial information to the NFS Controller related to internal and external audit requests.
- Prepares Personal Property and Sales & Use Tax Returns.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts within the NFS General Ledger Team, and the collective NFS/NPS Department.
- Participates in the Records Retention process for the NFS General Ledger Team.
What are we looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 0-3 years
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel skills
Back to top