We know that BUILDING HOMES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM! PulteGroup has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years and has delivered over 625,000 homes. We “Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!” Today, PulteGroup, a member of the S&P 500 Index, operates in approximately 50 markets across the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by volume. We believe that success starts with having the right people – those who have the right attitude and aptitude. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders, and pioneers.
Are you a high-energy finance or accounting professional with 5 years of finance or accounting experience and 2 years of management experience? If you enjoy leading and developing great people within a shared service environment and interacting with individuals at various levels across all disciplines of an organization, then this position is for you! You will be responsible for managing Division/Area level accounting activities within the NFS General Ledger Team, including financial and cost accounting functions.
You will be responsible for:
- Manages day-to-day accounting activities for up to four Divisions/Areas.
- Ensures staff compliance with Company and NFS/NPS policies and procedures.
- Facilitates and supervises accurate, timely and efficient month-end close process for assigned Divisions/Areas.
- Executes delivery of timely and accurate financial information to Division, Area and Home Office personnel.
- Ensures consistent quality and customer service, through regular communication with key Division/Area personnel.
- Works with and provides financial information to internal and external auditors, and responds to audit requests as required.
- Participates in the NFS’ self-audit program (Quality Assurance Program).
- Directs and oversees the preparation of Personal Property and Sales & Use Tax Returns.
- Reviews and approves annual Tax Package(s).
- Advocates and facilitates continuous improvement efforts and consistency within the NFS General Ledger Team, and the collective NFS/NPS Department.
- Participates in the Records Retention process for the NFS General Ledger Team
What are we looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent. Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance.
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities.
- Creates opportunities for employee growth.
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors).
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Operations Production Specialist
Ben oversees the loan pipeline, prioritizing in order to ensure that everything runs according to the schedule—and that all customer needs are met.
Back to top