National Director Corporate Audit
Reporting into PulteGroup's Audit Committee and CFO, this role has responsibility for front-line management and hands-on execution of key internal audit initiatives. Develops strong partnerships with business leaders to support services provided to other departments, including Finance, Mortgage and Information Systems. Establishes and maintains strong collaboration with Company's external auditors to perform audit activities in an efficient manner. This role also plays a key leadership responsibility in developing and maintaining a strong Audit team, and being seen as a strong a developer of talent across the organization.
Establish annual Corporate Audit Plan for the Company (including homebuilding, Home Office, mortgage/title operations) and manage internal and external resources to execute this Plan.
- Design procedures that provide assurance to management, the Audit Committee, external auditors and shareholders that operations, financial statements and reports comply with Company policy, as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee testing of internal accounting controls that ensure compliance with SOX legislation and that safeguard Company assets.
- Coordinate Corporate Audit activities that are utilized by external auditors. Align Corporate Audit and SOX activities with the external auditors' independent plan.
- Keep abreast of homebuilding industry issues and trends in order to proactively shape Corporate Audit practices and procedures.
- Partner with functional leadership in developing strong, professional and independent relationships to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the business to enable value added recommendations that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure execution of a systematic, disciplined and balanced approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
- Report to and communicate regularly with the Audit Committee and management. Oversee execution of other tasks or projects as required.
LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
(decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.)
- Decision Impact: Corporate
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: Yes
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- MBA preferred
- CPA License required
- Minimum 12-15 years of audit and advisory experience with some specific background in public accounting, which includes managing a large team of auditors
- Must possess excellent project management skills with ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong people management and development skills. Passionate about developing audit professionals for further career growth.
- Must possess thorough understanding of internal audit principles and SOX, balanced with a demonstrated ability to understand key business drivers and issues.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to build effective and long standing partnerships across the organization at all levels, particularly with senior management and operating business leaders.
- Must possess highest professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics.
- Ideal candidate should be highly motivated, energetic and possess a natural curiosity to learn.
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
President & CEO
The mission of our company is to provide consumer-inspired homes, and we do that all across the country. Pulte Mortgage provides safe and responsible financing for the borrowers who choose to buy the PulteGroup homes.
Back to top