Who We Are:
PulteGroup: A Fortune 500 company, has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years. We “Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!” PulteGroup is a home builder interested in economic, environmental and social sustainability practices. The homes we build inspire “homeowners for life” with repeat business common from both the homeowners and realtors. PulteGroup operates in approximately 50 markets throughout the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by closing volume.
Pulte Mortgage: Because we are a wholly-owned subsidiary of PulteGroup we are never at a loss for business and can spend our time developing our employees instead of beating the streets. We are a financially stable partner you can trust with over 40 years in mortgage banking. We have seen it all and are stronger than ever! Named as one of Colorado’s “Best Place to Work” in 2015, we are fueled by the desire to work hard, play hard, make a difference, do good things for our communities, and have fun doing it. We are a curious group and constantly strive to find new ways to help our customers achieve financial fitness through home ownership. We focus on a total rewards package with high base salaries, competitive monthly incentives, stellar, top level benefits, a fully vested 401k match, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Pulte Cares: We are dedicated to serving the community through volunteer days, charitable contributions, employee designated charitable contribution matching program, the Opens Doors Foundation, and Built to Honor program.
Centralized in Denver, Colorado, we are a mortgage banker that values customer service, exceptional training, employee development, and continuous improvement. We are committed to running our business with integrity by always choosing the right way over the easiest way. We are dedicated to improving the lives of our customers, our employees, and PulteGroup.
Primary responsibility for identifying, analyzing, and evaluating loan risk by underwriting conventional loans to investor, agency and Pulte underwriting guidelines. Underwriter to ensure that loans are approved within the terms of Pulte policy and procedures.
- Reviews loan application and supporting documentation according to PMLLC and specific investor guidelines. Reviews files based on AUS findings as appropriate and verify file documentation supports findings. Issues credit decision based on underwriting review in combination with eligibility elements in the file.
- Resubmits loan files as needed through automated system for updated or final submission.
- Reviews updated documentation and issues final loan decision. Reviews and clears conditions as needed to complete loan file.
- Reviews loans which receive an AUS finding of refer or caution to determine if there is an ability to issue an approval based on the credit risk of the loan.
- Suggests alternative loan programs as needed.Is available to Loan Consultants, Loan Processors, and Closers for questions on specific loan files and interpretation of feedback reports from AUS. Provides feedback on quality of loan submissions by completing underwriting feedback form.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy.
- Maintain acceptable quality control finding percentage and responds timely to audits.
- Participates in Underwriting Meetings and on project teams as needed.
- Contributes through specific expertise at the department level.
- Does not supervise.
- Contacts business partners.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years current active Conventional credit and property underwriting experience with AUS
- Traditional underwriting, FHA, VA Automatic, VA SAR, Jumbo, USDA, Bonds experience is a plus but not required
- A current, working knowledge of government regulations, policies and procedures related to the mortgage industry
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.
Back to top