Land Financial Analyst
We know that BUILDING THE BEST HOMES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
PulteGroup has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years. We "Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!" Today, PulteGroup operates in approximately 50 markets throughout the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by volume. With a focus on driving return on invested capital, Pulte has also begun delivering top quartile operating performance versus homebuilding peers. Our success is attributed to our great people. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders and pioneers. If you are interested in being a part of the Pulte team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
PulteGroup is seeking a Land Financial Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia!
Primary responsibility for managing financial accounting for the Division's land assets and/or performing financial analysis of land acquisition, entitlement or development activities.
- Assists Land and Finance teams to ensure appropriate documentation of all land entitlement and development expenditures and budgets
- Assists in the feasibility process by preparing models to support the Land and Finance teams
- Leads monthly reviews with Land and Finance teams to reconcile all land balances and development budgets. Ensures all lot cost assumptions are appropriate and documented.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports for submission to Home Office
- Prepares soft cost budget analysis (property taxes, HOA funding, and land overhead absorption) and lot cost calculations
- Assists in forecasting cash flows relative to land purchase and development expenditures
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL:
MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
Without Direct Reports
- Developing a financial mindset amongst the land development managers to create accounting/financial/budget acumen
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Multiple (Land/Finance)
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If applicable
(degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent in related field)
- Certified Public Accounting license (active or inactive) preferred
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 3 years public and/or corporate accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of GAAP and financial reports
- Verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top