General Sales Manager
We know that BUILDING THE BEST HOMES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
PulteGroup has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years. We "Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!" Today, PulteGroup operates in approximately 50 markets throughout the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by volume. With a focus on driving return on invested capital, Pulte has also begun delivering top quartile operating performance versus homebuilding peers. Our success is attributed to our great people. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders and pioneers. If you are interested in being a part of the Pulte team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
PulteGroup is seeking a General Sales Manager in Fairfax, Virginia!
Responsible for driving and achieving area sales goals by implementing company strategies, while developing and leading a sales team to maximize sales volume and profitability for the company.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, by balancing key performance measures, to maintain and improve the Company's sales results
- Monitor and analyze sales pipeline, business ratios and the sales activities of each sales consultant
- Monitor backlog status and loan tracking process
- Manage the contract process to ensure accurate and timely contracts
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team in developing sales forecasts in line with the overall business plan
- Submit sales activity and other reports, as needed/requested
(decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.):
- Decision Impact: Area/Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes • Indirect Reports: Yes
- Physical Requirements: If applicable
(LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK)
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
(degree, licenses, certifications, etc.):
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 7 years
- Time in position: Minimum of 3 years at a supervisory level
- Appropriate license or certifications required by the state
- New home sales experience (6 months minimum)
- Leadership experience (12 months minimum)
- Computer proficiency (email, work processing, operations, etc)
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
President & CEO
The mission of our company is to provide consumer-inspired homes, and we do that all across the country. Pulte Mortgage provides safe and responsible financing for the borrowers who choose to buy the PulteGroup homes.
Back to top