Functional Architect - Mortgage Products & Pricing
Who We Are:
PulteGroup: A Fortune 500 company, has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years. We “Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!” PulteGroup is a home builder interested in economic, environmental and social sustainability practices. The homes we build inspire “homeowners for life” with repeat business common from both the homeowners and realtors. PulteGroup operates in approximately 50 markets throughout the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by closing volume.
Pulte Mortgage: Because we are a wholly-owned subsidiary of PulteGroup we are never at a loss for business and can spend our time developing our employees instead of beating the streets. We are a financially stable partner you can trust with over 40 years in mortgage banking. We have seen it all and are stronger than ever! Named as one of Colorado’s “Best Place to Work” in 2015, we are fueled by the desire to work hard, play hard, make a difference, do good things for our communities, and have fun doing it. We are a curious group and constantly strive to find new ways to help our customers achieve financial fitness through home ownership. We focus on a total rewards package with high base salaries, competitive monthly incentives, stellar, top level benefits, a fully vested 401k match, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Pulte Cares: We are dedicated to serving the community through volunteer days, charitable contributions, employee designated charitable contribution matching program, the Opens Doors Foundation, and Built to Honor program.
Centralized in Denver, Colorado, we are a mortgage banker that values customer service, exceptional training, employee development, and continuous improvement. We are committed to running our business with integrity by always choosing the right way over the easiest way. We are dedicated to improving the lives of our customers, our employees, and PulteGroup.
Functional Architect – Mortgage Products & Pricing
Functional Architect to join an Information Systems Department that creates and implements business-critical applications. This is an exciting opportunity to apply strong functional and technical skills in a collaborative, dynamic environment.
As part of the Functional Architecture team, the Functional Architect will utilize their strong functional and technical skills to implement and configure a new rules-based mortgage product eligibility and pricing subsystem, followed by high-value functional enhancements and integrations.
The ideal candidate will have a strong business focus with the ability to translate those needs into system impacts, roadmaps, business and functional requirements, and business rules. This position is hands-on and collaborative, and interacts with business executives, management, product owners, architects, business analysts, end users, and agile delivery teams.
- Acquire an in-depth working knowledge of the principal enterprise applications. Understand the architecture, strengths and weaknesses, functions and data of primary applications.
- Develop expertise in mortgage industry product and pricing.
- Design and extend object model and request types for pricing business rules, develop rule templates based on business needs, design and implement rule flow.
- Implement a phased migration from Pulte Mortgage’s current master operational system to a new third-party Product, Pricing, and Eligibility application (PP&E). Ensure that the new PP&E conforms to and integrates with the enterprise architecture.
- Act as a subject matter expert for business rules and their use in Pulte applications.
- Develop Vision documents to set the direction for strategic projects: describe the goals, approach, to-be process, and supporting technology changes.
- Review and translate functional requirements documents into a comprehensive system solution; document the solution in a high-level conceptual design describing system responsibilities and collaborations.
- Construct and communicate the target to-be functional/application architecture; maintain the functional architecture roadmap for designated subsystems.
- Produce architectural direction statements and approach papers on functional topics that affect multiple subsystems and releases. Ensure solutions balance business needs with architecture principles of maintainability, encapsulation, and performance.
- Work with the Data Modeler to develop logical data models for new applications and enhancements.
- Work jointly with business operations groups, architecture, business analysis, and development teams to identify opportunities to align technology strategy with business strategy.
- Work collaboratively with technical business analysts and software development teams to develop architecturally-compliant software solutions; provide architecture review and guidance.
Background and Experience
- Ten years work experience in Information Systems, including roles as a hands-on technical business systems analyst or programmer analyst. Some project management experience preferred.
- At least three years Architecture practitioner experience as a functional, solution, or enterprise architect including specific demonstrated experience creating solution architectures for complex-integrated environments.
- Strong background in service-oriented architectures, object-oriented analysis and design, business process engineering/workflow, and business rules. Familiarity with three-tier architectures, client-server architectures, usability principles, and design patterns.
- Demonstrated experience developing architectures or designs for both custom-built and packaged software.
- Ability to absorb business drivers and functional requirements, and envision the system capabilities needed to fulfill them.
- Practical experience with mortgage or financial services applications preferred. Experience with any rules engine (including Mindbox or FICO Blaze Advisor) is a definite plus.
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-discipline team environments.
- Strong written communication skills: ability to create content for review and discussion with enterprise architects, project managers, business SMEs, and executives.
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to create and deliver presentations to Information Technology staff, business SMEs, and executives. Ability to participate effectively in meetings as a facilitator or contributor.
- Ability to multi-task; high-productivity track record.
- Self-starter who also enjoys collaboration.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.
Back to top