Functional Architect - Mortgage Products & Pricing
Who We Are:
PulteGroup: A Fortune 500 company, has been providingthe American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years. We “Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!“PulteGroup is a home builder interested in economic, environmental and socialsustainability practices. The homes we build inspire “homeowners for life” withrepeat business common from both the homeowners and realtors. PulteGroupoperates in approximately 50 markets throughout the country and is one of thelargest U.S. homebuilders by closing volume.
Pulte Mortgage: Because we are a wholly-ownedsubsidiary of PulteGroup we are never at a loss for business and can spend ourtime developing our employees instead of beating the streets. We are afinancially stable partner you can trust with over 40 years in mortgagebanking. We have seen it all and are stronger than ever! Named as one ofColorado’s “Best Place to Work” in 2015, we are fueled by the desire to work hard,play hard, make a difference, do good things for our communities, and have fundoing it. We are a curious group and constantly strive to find new waysto help our customers achieve financial fitness through home ownership. Wefocus on a total rewards package with high base salaries, competitive monthlyincentives, stellar, top level benefits, a fully vested 401k match, tuitionreimbursement and much more!
Pulte Cares: We are dedicated to serving the communitythrough volunteer days, charitable contributions, employee designatedcharitable contribution matching program, the Opens Doors Foundation, and Builtto Honor program.
Centralized in Denver, Colorado, we are a mortgage bankerthat values customer service, exceptional training, employee development, andcontinuous improvement. We are committed to running our business with integrityby always choosing the right way over the easiest way. We are dedicatedto improving the lives of our customers, our employees, and PulteGroup.
Functional Architect –Mortgage Products & Pricing
FunctionalArchitect to join an Information Systems Department that creates and implementsbusiness-critical applications. This is an exciting opportunity to apply strongfunctional and technical skills in a collaborative, dynamic environment.
Aspart of the Functional Architecture team, the Functional Architect will utilizetheir strong functional and technical skills to implement and configure a newrules-based mortgage product eligibility and pricing subsystem, followed byhigh-value functional enhancements and integrations.
Theideal candidate will have a strong business focus with the ability to translatethose needs into system impacts, roadmaps, business and functionalrequirements, and business rules. This position ishands-on and collaborative, and interacts with business executives, management,product owners, architects, business analysts, end users, and agile deliveryteams.
- Acquire an in-depth working knowledge of the principalenterprise applications. Understand the architecture, strengths and weaknesses,functions and data of primary applications.
- Develop expertise in mortgage industry product and pricing.
- Design and extend object model and request types for pricingbusiness rules, develop rule templates based on business needs, design andimplement rule flow.
- Implement a phased migration from Pulte Mortgage’s currentmaster operational system to a new third-party Product, Pricing, andEligibility application (PP&E). Ensure that the new PP&E conforms toand integrates with the enterprise architecture.
- Act as a subject matter expert for business rules and theiruse in Pulte applications.
- Review and translate functional requirements documents into acomprehensive system solution; document the solution in a high-level conceptualdesign describing system responsibilities and collaborations.
- Construct and communicate the target to-befunctional/application architecture; maintain the functional architectureroadmap for designated subsystems.
- Work with the Data Modeler to develop logical data models fornew applications and enhancements.
- Work jointly with business operations groups, architecture,business analysis, and development teams to identify opportunities to aligntechnology strategy with business strategy.
- Work collaboratively with technical business analysts andsoftware development teams to develop architecturally-compliant softwaresolutions; provide architecture review and guidance.
Background and Experience
- Ten years work experience in Information Systems, includingroles as a hands-on technical business systems analyst or programmer analyst.
- Understanding of service-oriented architectures,object-oriented analysis and design, business process engineering/workflow, andbusiness rules. Familiarity with three-tier architectures, client-serverarchitectures, usability principles, and design patterns.
- Ability to absorb business drivers and functionalrequirements, and envision the system capabilities needed to fulfill them.
- Practical experience with mortgage or financial servicesapplications preferred. Experience with any rules engine (including Mindbox orFICO Blaze Advisor) is a definite plus.
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-discipline teamenvironments.
- Strong written communication skills: ability to create content for review anddiscussion with enterprise architects, project managers, business SMEs, andexecutives.
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to create and deliver presentations toInformation Technology staff, business SMEs, and executives. Ability toparticipate effectively in meetings as a facilitator or contributor.
- Self-starter who also enjoys collaboration.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, orrelated field
All employees must be committed to fair andnondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity andFair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations andcompany policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to providefinancial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s corepurposes.
Back to top