Field Support Engineer I
Responsible for engineering, second-level technical support, technology integration services for all aspects of Field server, O/S, hardware, storage, and network and virtualization infrastructure.
Participates in team initiatives while simultaneously participating in multiple IT/Business project efforts.
The incumbent at this level has knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures. Works under limited supervision and/or on routine assignments, the problems of which can be resolved with defined guidelines and parameters.
- Uses basic knowledge of technology and desktop operating systems to provide and implement developed solutions for division-specific needs.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules all aspects of IT for new community startups, moves and closures.
- Works with senior technical team members to optimize local infrastructure components to meet performance requirements. Participates in department-wide projects & the support turnover process.
- Interfaces with all levels of the division-based hierarchy & all IT functional groups. Must provide exceptional customer service & translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Participates in internal initiatives for the implementation, use, and improvement of processes, procedures, guidelines, and metrics for infrastructure systems.
- Manages ordering & disposal of assets including compliance with Legal Holds processes. Responds to escalated alerts & cases from the Technical Support Center (TSC) & Data Center Operations (DCO) teams to resolve simple to moderately complex issues. With guidance, performs site-based troubleshooting & diagnostics gathering as needed. Participates in on-call support.
- Provides basic technical training on IT-sponsored applications following a provided curriculum. Implements internal initiatives for the improvement of field-based processes. Serves as the primary integration point among centralized corporate infrastructure processes & field locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in developing client &/or supplier relationships is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supporting Microsoft products & related technologies.
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting server, wide area networking (WAN), local area networking (LAN) & virtual infrastructure preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 40% required.
- Relevant certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred.
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top