Field Support Engineer I
Responsible for engineering, second-level technical support, technology integration services for all aspects of Field server, O/S, hardware, storage, and network and virtualization infrastructure.
Participates in team initiatives while simultaneously participating in multiple IT/Business project efforts.
Incumbent at this level is a knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures. Works under limited supervision and/or on routine assignments, the problems of which can be resolved with defined guidelines and parameters.
- Uses basic knowledge of technology and desktop operating systems to provide and implement developed solutions for division-specific needs.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules all aspects of IT for new community startups, moves and closures.
- Works with senior technical team members to optimize local infrastructure components to meet performance requirements. Participates in department-wide projects & the support turnover process.
- Interfaces with all levels of the division-based hierarchy & all IT functional groups. Must provide exceptional customer service & translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Participates in internal initiatives for the implementation, use, and improvement of processes, procedures, guidelines, and metrics for infrastructure systems.
- Manages ordering & disposal of assets including compliance with Legal Holds processes. Responds to escalated alerts & cases from the Technical Support Center (TSC) & Data Center Operations (DCO) teams to resolve simple to moderately complex issues. With guidance, performs site-based troubleshooting & diagnostics gathering as needed. Participates in on-call support.
- Provides basic technical training on IT-sponsored applications following a provided curriculum. Implements internal initiatives for the improvement of field-based processes. Serves as the primary integration point among centralized corporate infrastructure processes & field locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in developing client &/or supplier relationships is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supporting Microsoft products & related technologies.
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting server, wide area networking (WAN), local area networking (LAN) & virtual infrastructure preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 40% required.
- Relevant certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred.
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
President & CEO
The mission of our company is to provide consumer-inspired homes, and we do that all across the country. Pulte Mortgage provides safe and responsible financing for the borrowers who choose to buy the PulteGroup homes.
Back to top