Field Manager II (Ocala)
Responsible for managing the activities of construction projects, ensuring construction schedules, safety, SWPPP, quality standards, and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
- Validate schedule progression and adherence.
- Work with team to share feedback and improve planning activities, including, but not limited to:
- Vendor coaching and performance feedback through schedule and quality recordables
- Design quality, materials management, budget accuracy, and take-off accuracy
- Manage the customer experience throughout the construction process through close of house
- Collaborate with trade partners throughout construction process to improve quality and efficiency
- Build sustainable relationships of trust with the homeowner through open and interactive communication
- Interface with Sales personnel to manage neighborhood and customer activities and referrals
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and SWPPP standards
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design)
- Authorize payment for materials received and work completed
- Ensure trade partner work is completed on time and within defined standards for quality
- Collaborate with Process Improvement, Resource Planning and Purchasing in construction processes
- Inspect/validate workmanship and product quality to conform to Company standards.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL:
MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
Without Direct Reports
- Delegates work to trade partners
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Position involves sitting, standing and/or movement, the ability to exert minimal force of up to 50 pounds and occasionally exert up to 80 pounds of minimal force to carry, lift, push, pull and otherwise move objects. Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding and other means to reach and observe all areas of building
- Ability to work in various weather conditions - heat, rain, cold, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
(degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred
- Valid Driver's License because driving is an essential function of this position.
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Minimum of 2-4 years construction experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year at Field Manager II or equivalent
- Ability to manage construction processes in a high production environment
- Ability to manage trade performance
- Ability to control cost overruns and manage a budget
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong ability to read blueprints
- Strong knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations
- Strong knowledge of building codes
- Strong knowledge of construction-related software (E-Schedule)
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top