Field Manager II
Minneapolis-ST Paul Area
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America’s top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people. At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let’s talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Do you have construction knowledge and a passion for building things from the ground up? Do you have strong project management skills and enjoy working collaboratively? Are you committed to a high standard of quality and safety? The Field Manager II role at PulteGroup directly impacts our ability to build the American Dream. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and coordinating the activities of new home construction, with bottom line responsibility. You’ll have the authority to make things happen and a supportive team to help you grow.
Upon joining the PulteGroup Field Construction team, you’ll be assigned a personal mentor and have access to a top-notch training program. You’ll work in collaboration with various functions as well as our trade partners to deliver homes that our customers are proud to call their own. Our unique consumer inspired approach customizes the homebuilding experience and ensures our homes are built for the way homeowners live.
- Validate schedule progression and adherence.
- Work with team to share feedback and improve planning activities, including, but not limited to:
¾ Vendor coaching and performance feedback through schedule and quality recordables
¾ Design quality, materials management, budget accuracy, and take-off accuracy
- Manage the customer experience. Assist in the customer orientation process
- Collaborate with trade partners throughout construction process to improve quality and efficiency
- Interface with Sales personnel to manage neighborhood and customer activities and referrals
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and Storm Water Pollutant Protection Plan standards
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design)
- Authorize payment for materials received and work completed
- Ensure trade partner work is completed on time and within defined standards for quality
- Collaborate with Process Improvement, Resource Planning and Purchasing
- Inspect/validate workmanship and product quality to conform to Company standards
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-4 years construction experience or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year Field Construction experience
- Ability to manage construction processes in a high production environment
- Ability to manage trade performance
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to read blueprints
- General knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations
- General knowledge of building codes
- Knowledge of construction-related software (E-Schedule)
- Basic computer skills
The Construction function at PulteGroup is synonymous with excellence. In the 60 years since PulteGroup’s birth in 1950, our field construction team has always played a critical role at the heart of the business. If you are interested in building your career with one of the nation’s top homebuilders, come join our team!
Back to top