Escrow / Settlement Officer
Primarily responsible for performing tasks related to real estate closing transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as liaison between all parties within the Title & Settlement process. (homebuyer, builder, lender, realtor, homeowners association, etc.).
- Handle all aspects of settlement transactions which include preparing closing disclosures, ALTA statements and conveyance documents.
- Have an understanding of the title documents (commitments and policies), loan documents, and contract/purchase agreements.
- Obtain signatures for closing transactions, explain all documents, executed as needed, and facilitate questions/answers between parties to the transaction
- Review and approve checks and/or wire transfers. Review final disbursement summary and ledger upon completion of funding.
- Review escrow accounting reports and resolve any outstanding check or open file balance issues
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Decision Impact: Dept.
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25
- pounds; and on occasions up to 50 pounds
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree Preferred.
- Notary Public
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of builder related Title & Escrow Insurance experience.
- Active Florida State Title license preferred.
- Familiarity with builder specific transactions.
- Effective communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Software skills, knowledge of Softpro a plus but not required.
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte's core purposes.
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top