Escrow / Settlement Officer
Primary responsibility for performing tasks related to settlement operations retail transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as liaison between all parties to the transaction (homebuyer,builder, lender, realtor, etc.). Serve as point of contact for allparties to the transaction including homebuyer, mortgage,accounting and other areas within the Title & Settlement process.
- Handle all aspects of settlement transactions including preparing HUD statement, preparation and coordination of deeds, verifying accuracy of loan documents, insurance documentation and seller statements and contract or sales agreement.
- Obtain signatures for closing transactions, explain all documents executed as needed, and facilitate questions/answers between parties to the transaction
- Review and approve checks and/or wire transfers. Review final disbursement summary and ledger upon completion of funding.
- Review escrow accounting reports and resolve any outstanding check or open file balance issues
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Decision Impact: Dept.
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds; and on occasions up to 50 pounds
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Notary Public
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years experience in title & escrow insurance.
- Experience in title insurance and real estate settlement procedures, including HUD statements, loan documents, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of state vesting and holding title requirements
- Effective communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Knowledge of real state law, abstracting and examination
- Microsoft Office software skills
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.
Back to top