Escrow / Settlement Officer
Primarily responsible for performing tasks related to realestate closing transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as liaison between allparties within the Title & Settlement process. (homebuyer, builder, lender, realtor, homeownersassociation, etc.).
- Handle all aspects of settlement transactions which includepreparing closing disclosures, ALTA statements and conveyance documents.
- Have an understanding of the title documents (commitmentsand policies), loan documents, and contract/purchase agreements.
- Obtain signatures for closing transactions, explain alldocuments, executed as needed, and facilitate questions/answers between partiesto the transaction
- Review and approve checks and/or wire transfers. Reviewfinal disbursement summary and ledger upon completion of funding.
- Review escrow accounting reports and resolve any outstandingcheck or open file balance issues
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Decision Impact: Dept.
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move upto 25
- pounds; and on occasions up to 50 pounds
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree Preferred.
- Notary Public
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of builder related Title & Escrow Insurance experience.
- Active Florida State Title license preferred.
- Familiarity with builder specific transactions.
- Effective communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Software skills, knowledge of Softpro a plus but not required.
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Operations Production Specialist
Ben oversees the loan pipeline, prioritizing in order to ensure that everything runs according to the schedule—and that all customer needs are met.
Back to top