We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be part of a team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people. At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands.
PulteGroup is seeking a Controller in the Michigan Division!
The Michigan division has been awarded a 2017 Top Workplaces honor by The Detroit Free Press. If you are interested in being a part of the Michigan team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Primary responsibility for directing, coordinating, and supervising accounting and administrative service functions for assigned market.
- Directs and supervises accounting staff to ensure adherence to GAAP, strong internal controls, and adherence with Company policies and procedures
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of monthly financial reports, including analyzing budget vs. actual results and reviewing them with management
- Prepares financial forecasts and coordinates with homebuilding functional leaders to prepare and review
- Coordinates all internal and external audit requests
- Facilitates workflow between National Shared Services and Division operations
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL:
MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
Without Direct Reports
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If applicable
(degree, lincenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent in related field)
- Certified Public Accounting license (active or inactive) strongly preferred
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
- Related Functional Experience : Minimum 5 years public and/or corporate accounting experience
- Good knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial reports
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top