Div Mgr Claims
Primary responsibility for managing the claims and litigation process stemming from warranty issues at the division level.
- Pursue every eligible risk claim for proper tracking and recovery, per corporate guidelines.
- Work with field construction and customer relations/warranty staff to identify and solicit potential risk claims/risk areas.
- Work with customer relations/warranty management to provide guidance in necessary situations.
- Assist field construction and customer relations/warranty management in root cause analysis (i.e. improved build process, adherence to construction standards and issue resolution).
- Manage insurance and litigation claims for the division. Complete and submit general liability forms to initiate new claims. Manage the processing and tracking of all claim submittals.
- Provide Corporate Risk and/or Gallagher Basset with requested documentation (i.e. trade certificates of insurance, contracts, service history, financial records, etc.).
- Ensure proper documentation and records retention of risk claims at the division.
- Develop and implement standardized reporting process for field staff of potential risk claims.
- Conduct in-person homeowner assessments when required.
- Work with contractors on bids for warranty work and dispute resolution with customers and contractors.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (IF APPLICABLE)
LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills.
- Provides input to employee’s performance evaluations.
- Assists in the identification of internal and external training opportunities.
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors).
SCOPE (decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.)
Decision Impact: Division
Department Responsibility: Multiple
Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
Indirect Reports: Yes (Field Managers, Customer Service Managers, Warranty Agents and other applicable division staff)
Direct Reports: No
(degrees, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years warranty and/or construction experience
- Working knowledge of risk/insurance process
- Expert knowledge of the Pulte Group Protection Plan
- Understanding of Corporate initiatives
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft applications
- Organizational, communication and time management skills
- Interpersonal and dispute resolution skills; team player mentality
- Ability to read a Blueprint
- Trustworthy and ambitious
- Effective decision maker
- Ability to lead a team; teacher and mentor qualities and capabilities
- Detail oriented
Back to top