Div Dir Procurement
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America’s top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people. At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfillingand rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let’s talk about your career with PulteGroup!
PulteGroup is seeking a Division Director of Procurement in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan!
Responsible for managing and coordinating divisional procurement activities including establishing pricing and driving cost savings through CPM, Should Cost, and Purchase Pro deployment. Optimizes the supply chain through systematic support and ensures that purchase and procurement of goods support quality, cost, inventory and service level standards.
- Active member of the division operations team and key liaison between the zone and division on all procurement activities
- Orchestrate all procurement related activities coordinating calendars and priorities with the Zone Director of Procurement
- Lead, coach, develop and train Division procurement teams with the Zone Director of Procurement
- Direct and develop division-level procurement employees with a focus toward building procurement bench strength with the Zone Director of Procurement
- Develop and own the division procurement strategy consistent with the Zone procurement strategy with the Zone Director Procurement
- Manage procurement and procurement policies, procedures and objectives to procure resources and supplies at the lowest total cost consistent with approved quality and delivery standards
- Select local suppliers based on defined category selection criteria (e.g., cost, quality, productivity, service)
- Manage supplier relationships within the Division, including negotiations on all conflicts, questions, prices, deliveries and/or specifications.
- Manage compliance to agreements and scopes on a national and zone level. Manage and execute contract agreements on a local level
- Adhere to Pulte’s supplier management business processes and sourcing guidelines
- Collaborate with Product, DCOs, CMs, FMs, PIMs, RPMs and Sales
- Evaluate the timely adjustment of procurement strategy and plans to meet changing economic and competitive conditions
- Responsible for account category level house cost budgets, Project Tracker and rebate capture.
Level: Mentor / Coach / Feedback
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
(Decision making, size of organization, budgetary, etc.)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: Yes
(Degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Construction, Business, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- ISCM accreditation or equivalent preferred
- Valid Driver’s License because driving is an essential function of this position.
(Work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 5 years
- Time in position: Minimum of 2 years at a supervisory level or strategic sourcing director/ manager level
- Business acumen including the interpretation of income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures
- Purchasing and supply chain experience
- Management experience
- Ability to negotiate in a cost transparent environment and achieve should cost
- Ability to develop and improve vendor partnerships
- Construction knowledge
- Ability to lead change in a continuous improvement environment
- Purchasing expertise and ability to positively influence and lead others outside of Division and Procurement
Back to top