Div Assistant Controller
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America’s top residential builders, with locations in approximately 50 markets throughout the country. This position will be located in Indianapolis, the largest division of the $1 billion Midwest business segment. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people. At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let’s talk about your career with PulteGroup!
PulteGroup is seeking an Assistant Controller in Indianapolis!
Key member of the division finance team responsible for monthly accounting close, financial analysis, quarterly budgeting and forecasting, and support of departmental policies and procedures.
OR COACH / FEEDBACK
- Oversee the monthly financial analysis of budget versus actual results, and work with the Accounting team in preparation of the division’s monthly accounting close
- Collaborate with division team in designing, implementing and supporting procedures that will assure compliance with corporate policies
- Partner with the Controller and department leaders in preparing financial forecasts of projected revenue and profit in conjunction with financial analysis of budget vs. actual operating results
- Work with department managers to ensure consistent application of general ledger accounting and cost coding to ensure adherence with generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the Controller in preparing the annual Departmental Operating Budgets, Housing Budget, Capital Asset Budget, Land Development Budget and Cash Flow Budget
- Assist the Controller in meeting all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements of internal and external users
- Respond to and provide financial information to internal and external auditors and respond to audit reports, as required
- Approve expenditures and invoices within established company guidelines
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: No
With Direct Reports:
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
(degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 3 years
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of cash flows, financial reports, and annual reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage long-term projects
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Operations Production Specialist
Ben oversees the loan pipeline, prioritizing in order to ensure that everything runs according to the schedule—and that all customer needs are met.
Back to top