Dir Strategic Sourcing (ZONE)
Responsible for managing and coordinating divisional procurement and procurement activities including establishing pricing and driving cost savings through CPM, Should Cost, and Purchase Pro deployment. Optimizes the supply chain through systematic support and ensures that purchase and procurement of goods support quality, cost, inventory and service level standards.
Assist with the development of procurement capability
- Assist in developing Zone and division-level procurement employees with a focus toward building the Zone’s procurement capability and bench strength.
Identify and drive cost savings opportunities
- Lead the CPM bid out process for assigned categories
- Compare costs by trade category both across divisions and to should cost for all common categories
- Define opportunities for the Zone, prioritize opportunities with the VP Zone HBO
- Lead and manage field compliance with National /Zone agreements as well as standardized company process.
- Drive should cost realization (negotiations, training, etc.)
- Collaborate with Zone Product, DCOs, CMs, FMs, PIMs, RPMs and Sales
- Develop Zone wide procurement strategy that is aligned with company strategy
Responsible for zone wide management of supplier relationships (cost, quality, productivity, service) for assigned trade categories
- Provide oversight for local supplier selection at the Division level
- Manage zone wide supplier relationships where scale can be leveraged
- Mentor vendor bench strength matrix ensuring division production level risk is managed.
- Ensure Zone wide compliance to the Pulte business processes for supplier management
Lead category option programming and coordinate zone wide changes
- Develop, deploy and optimize option walk ups and option grids
- Manage process for changes to common Zone items (quantity, price , sku, etc.) through procurement Agents and analysts
Estimate costs and verify quantities
- Complete timely probable estimates of costs of residential products using comparative and differential estimating techniques
- Develop committed cost estimates for both new product development including customer options
- Work with Product to ensure that accurate quantities are provided in a timely manner and are field validated.
- Maintain all applicable databases (DMTs, Purchase-Pro, etc.) used in developing cost and quantity, provide training where needed
Level: Mentor / Coach / Feedback
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
(Decision making, size of organization, budgetary, etc.)
- Decision Impact: Zone
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: No
(Degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Construction, Business, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- ISCM accreditation or equivalent preferred
- Valid Driver’s License because driving is an essential function of this position.
(Work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years
- Time in position; Minimum of 3 years as a purchasing professional and/or at a supervisory level or division manager/director level.
- Business acumen including the interpretation of income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures
- Purchasing and supply chain experience
- Management experience
- Ability to negotiate in a cost transparent environment and achieve should cost
- Ability to develop and improve vendor partnerships
- Construction knowledge
- Ability to lead change in a continuous improvement environment
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Operations Production Specialist
Ben oversees the loan pipeline, prioritizing in order to ensure that everything runs according to the schedule—and that all customer needs are met.
Back to top