Business Intelligence Analyst
The Office of Strategy Management (OSM) is responsible for the overall strategic plan of Pulte Financial Services including Pulte Mortgage, PGP Title, and Pulte Insurance Agency. The OSM's Business Intelligence Group supports enterprise wide strategic projects, targeted analysis, and ongoing reports development.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for working with project and business stakeholders to develop strategies for answering critical business questions utilizing a rigorous data centric fact based methodology. The Analyst will also work closely with the Information Systems department in accessing data and assisting in the ongoing development of Business Intelligence capabilities and tools. Additionally the Business Intelligence Analyst will develop a deep knowledge of Pulte Mortgage processes and data repositories to quickly and effectively produce insights that drive business results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand processes and functions they are responsible for and develop reports/information that helps drive KPIs
- Assess data quality and reliability based on how it is generated, what it is used for in the business process and how it impacts, and corresponds to data from multiple systems
- Use Six Sigma tools and methodologies as well as statistical, predictive and casual analysis to uncover trends and insights
- Work closely with Data Architects and Modelers to determine best and most efficient ways to access data and enhance reporting capabilities
- Perform analysis and develop reports using multiple complex SQL queries
- Present findings in clear and compiling presentations/reports that allows the data to "tell the story" to drive business results
Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or Business Administration or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience performing data analysis and reporting especially in the areas of business performance measurement and strategy development, or management consulting
- Practical experience in writing/executing and modifying complicated SQL scripts. Experience with SQL for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or newer preferred
- Experience in using SQL Server Reporting Services version 2012
- Data analysis skills including high proficiency with Tableau
- Critical thinking skills. In addition to possessing the technical skills to understand data structures and complex SQL queries, the successful applicant must be able to critically assess the data
- Demonstrated data visualization skills in structuring information into clear and concise messages for a wide range of stakeholders.
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, MS Publisher and Excel charting
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte's core purposes.
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top