- Pleasanton, CA
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Responsibility for managing resources and schedules (both internally and externally) for development and maintenance of Construction Documents.
- Ensures appropriate Architecture and Engineering Outsource forecasting, contracts, timing capabilities and accurate execution are in place to meet Zone and Division needs.
- Oversee development and maintenance of Construction Documents (CD) and all other architectural service requirements; primary focus is quality and schedule adherence.
- Support each divisions business plan through a visible schedule, on time delivery and coordination with operating team
- Manage a quality control process that is coordinated across zone and other division teams
- Responsible for maintaining regular communication with all division operating teams to ensure an understanding of architectural needs
- Oversee a plan change update process for all applicable product
- Responsible for implementation of and adherence to national drafting standards, drafting template and processes
- Assist Zone Director of Product to maintain zone product catalog
- Support and lead value engineering and continuous improvement efforts
- Support creation and implementation of national drafting standards, drafting template and processes.
- Assist Zone Director of Product with budget updates and forecasting
- Review and redline all deliverables for accuracy
- Coordinate with Division Project Manager to ensure deliverables align with construction methodologies, permit requirements and overall needs for each division.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
SCOPE:(decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.)
- Decision Impact: Department
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: Yes
REQUIRED EDUCATION:(degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: (work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 5 or more years Architectural or Construction experience
- CD development and construction expertise
- Project management expertise
- Outsource management expertise
- Understanding of Federal & State codes related to residential product
- Comprehensive knowledge of residential construction techniques, construction documents, building codes as well as technical and procedural knowledge of activities related to home building construction, including understanding plans & specs.
- Knowledge of structural elements and product installation means and methods
- Knowledge of lean, value engineering and costing principles and practices a plus
- Effective communication and organization skills
Back to top