Payroll Business Analyst
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Primary responsibility for conducting in-depth payroll process analysis and serving as project manager for technical and process solutions implementation to improve payroll and payroll adjacent (Finance, Treasury, HR) activities with an emphasis on customer service and efficiency in both time and money.
- Identify, analyze, and document business requirements.
- Translate business requirements to technology/process requirements.
- Document/flow chart desired future state processes.
- Plan, organize, implement, and test process and data-level technology improvements.
- Partner with HR Technology for the planning and testing of major technology improvements.
- Train and provide ongoing coaching to team members with respect to process and technology.
- Coordinate with vendor and HR Technology for the set-up of new codes or changes to existing codes (earning, deduction, department, etc.).
- Develop and maintain process manual to ensure all activities are fully documented.
- Create reports to support data needs and KPI reporting for the payroll function and the business.
- Manage Year-End project planning and related activities.
- Act as point of escalation for system issue resolution.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
- Identifies and communicates resource needs for projects.
- Provides input to employee's performance evaluations.
- Assists in the identification of internal and external training opportunities.
- Decision Impact: Dept.
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: If applicable
REQUIRED EDUCATION: (degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Associate's Degree or equivalent in a related field
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: (work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Minimum of 5-7 years payroll processing experience
- Full knowledge of payroll practices, procedures, payroll systems, and pay laws
- Broad knowledge of human resources and accounting practices
- Strong knowledge of payroll tax and payroll tax filing procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with a common pay agent structure preferred
- Prior experience with ADP as payroll system preferred
- Prior project management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop training collateral and provide basic process training
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information
Back to top