NSS Senior Accountant
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Prepares various accounting statements and reports, analyzes financial reports, and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Executes the month-end/general ledger/activity module close process.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis, including special financial reports as requested.
- Prepares and verifies accuracy of monthly journal entries and accounting classifications. Makes recommendations as to accounting reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares intracompany transfer requests and maintains intracompany balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains accuracy of fixed asset management system.
- Reviews and analyzes the backlog report throughout the building process.
- Reviews house cost control sheets and closed home journal entries.
- Reviews department overhead expense accounts for completeness and accuracy and reports results to division department managers.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, areas, and/or divisions. Maintains and segregates Sarbanes-Oxley documentation.
- Assists with the preparation of annual tax packets.
- Other duties and projects as they arise.
- Decision Impact: Individual
- Department Responsibility: None
- Budget Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
REQUIRED EDUCATION: / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 3+ years of accounting or finance experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Back to top