NSS Assistant Controller
Responsible for supporting the Controller in managing Division/Area level accounting activities within the NSS Accounting Services Group, including financial and cost accounting functions.
- Assist the Controller in managing day-to-day accounting activities for assigned Divisions/Areas.
- Assist the Controller in ensuring staff compliance with Company and NSS policies and procedures.
- Assist the Controller in facilitating and supervising an accurate, timely and efficient month-end close process for assigned Divisions/Areas.
- Executes delivery of timely and accurate financial information to Division, Area and Home Office personnel.
- Assist the Controller in ensuring consistent quality and customer service, through regular communication with key Division/Area personnel.
- Reviews balance sheet account reconciliations, house closing journal entries, and monthly contingent job cost documentation.
- Works with and provides financial information to internal and external auditors, and responds to audit requests as required.
- Participates in the NSS' self-audit program (Quality Assurance Program). * Assist the Controller in the review and approval of annual Tax Package(s).
- Advocates and facilitates continuous improvement efforts and consistency within the NSS Accounting Services Group, and the collective NSS Department.
- Participates in the Records Retention process for the NSS Accounting Services Group.
- Facilitates queue management, delegating work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth * Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Decision Impact: Division(s)
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budget Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: Yes
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 4+ years of accounting or finance experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel skills
Meet Some of PulteGroup's Employees
Patrick M.Sales Consultant
Patrick, a customer’s first point of contact, acts as the face of PulteGroup. He works to build relationships and ensures complete client satisfaction throughout the homebuilding process and beyond.
Back to top