Mgr Human Resources - Atlanta, GA
- Alpharetta, GA
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Primary responsibility for administering human resources policies for assigned market(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (in order of importance):
- Provide expert insight into people and organizational issues by translating business strategies and issues into appropriate HR and organizational actions
- Drive the various corporate HR programs and initiatives within the Area (HRP, IDP, Performance Management, Compensation Planning, etc.)
- Oversee Area recruiting and drive campus recruiting efforts focused on sourcing diverse talent slates and candidate pipelines for all open positions
- Assess employee training needs and develop and deliver training programs for all employees
- Provide counsel to leadership team in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, employee performance, employment law, HR policies/procedures/processes
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues as needed; guide management to appropriate action to be taken
- Ensure successful implementation of initiatives that support strategies; coordinate the implementation of new services, policies, and programs
- Recommend and develop clear, actionable steps in support of overall business strategy
- Assist with planning and organizing activities for the department; participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Ensure both Corporate and Area policies and procedures are followed
- Masters degree in HR or related field preferred
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% for meetings and other work-related activities
- Valid Driver's License; as driving is an essential function of this position
- Strong business acumen and insights; curious about the business and how value is created
- Demonstrated competencies in change management; flexibility to shift focus according to business needs
- Data driven -- uses appropriate information to support critical business decision making
- Demonstrated breadth of experience and knowledge of contemporary recruiting practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; well-developed ability to communicate with clients at all levels of the organization; a creative problem solver
- The ability to demonstrate personal credibility and trustworthiness
- Experience working with senior HR leadership teams to identify and execute opportunities to innovate and improve effectiveness and efficiencies
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is politically savvy and a team player
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple and diverse assignments to closure within stated schedules to meet critical deadlines
- Demonstrated evidence of integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment to positively influence employees at all levels.
- The ability to provide in-depth consultative support to clients on critical organizational issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and technologically savvy.
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Contributes through specific expertise at the Area level.
- Does not supervise employees.
- Coordinates and directs others at the Area level
- Minimum Bachelors degree in HR or equivalent in related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years human resources experience.
- Knowledge of all HR practices, laws, and HR regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a leader in change management.
- Ability to demonstrate personal credibility and trustworthiness.
Back to top