Mgr Construction Operations
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Responsible for the development and implementation of the resource planning activities of the division to optimize B&M cost while balancing cycle time, crew optimization and geographic distribution of work.
- Develop and manage operation schedules and coordinate construction activities to ensure production, quality and costs meet specifications.
- Utilize scheduling to improve overall efficiency Confer with construction personnel to resolve problems affecting capacity and schedules
- Collaborate with purchasing and field personnel to reduce division B&M costs.
- Review vendor contract/pricing terms.
- Provide feedback on schedule quality
- Adhere to business process procedures to ensure "cadence and crew optimization" principles are met
- Responsible for vendor schedule adherence and all scheduling/rescheduling tasks
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
SCOPE: (decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: Yes
- Physical Requirements: If applicable
REQUIRED EDUCATION: (degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: (work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 5 years
- Time in position: None
- Generally a member of the team with management experience (preferably from a Construction Manager role)
- Must be good at communicating with others
- Negotiation skills are a plus
- Computer skills required
- Deep understanding of homebuilding construction processes
- Understanding of trade and internal cost drivers
Back to top