Manager of Land Development (Sarasota)
- Sarasota, FL
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Primary responsibility for managing field or office operations of the land development function.
- Direct land activities at large Master Plan or multiple smaller projects over large geographic area
- Manage and coordinate contractors, inspectors, engineers and master developers Review design documents, site plans, improvement plans and plats for project coordination and accuracy
- Lead and coordinates Value Engineering Process
- Prepare and manage budgets.
- Verify job-specific invoices.
- Direct planning and engineering design for conformance to Master Plan as amended from time to time
- Serve as principal liaison with regulatory agencies when preparing, modifying or obtaining approval of the comprehensive land plan or permitting
- Coordinate and review utility company designs
- Lead the bidding and contracting processes
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK With Direct Reports
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
SCOPE: (decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: Yes
REQUIRED EDUCATION: (degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: (work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 5 years
- Basic fundamental knowledge of civil, geotechnical engineering and surveying Land development/homebuilding construction experience
- Multi-tasking a requirement
Back to top