Jr Design Development Drafter
The Junior Design Development Drafter is responsible for developing new or revised 2D or 3D block-out drawings from design team sketches or other conceptual material. Coordinate directly with Design staff and Design Development Manager to build accurate CAD documents in support of design development milestones. Conduct drawing and design reviews throughout the development process, following established design, construction and CAD standards.
- Develop and prepare 2D or 3D design concepts using established CAD software and supporting content under guidance of Sr Design Development Drafter
- Responsible for meeting assigned schedule deadlines and communicating project status.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of structural elements and construction methods.
- Ability to check work for potential errors, omissions or issues and make correction
- Ability to produce sheet layouts for presentation.
- Maintain design documents and block-outs in an organized format.
- Team player, able to work as part of a larger group.
- Focus on consistent improvement
SCOPE (decision making, size of organization, budgetary etc.)
- Decision Impact: Individual
- Department Responsibility: None
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
REQUIRED EDUCATION (degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Design, Construction or equivalent work experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE (work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 1-3 years' experience in residential design and CAD operations.
- General knowledge of residential construction and code requirements
- Proficient use and application of AutoCAD drafting software and related computer operations
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Software skills -- Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2016
Back to top