Division Procurement Manager
- Medina, OH
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Responsible for entering into negotiations with suppliers and trade partners by reviewing terms and conditions, establishing pricing, contract formulation, and any supplier management conditions affecting the division and/or zone. Responsible for managing and coordinating assigned divisional procurement activities.
- Provide accurate and timely local and/or Zone supplier negotiations and contracting based on defined category selection criteria (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
- Manage supplier performance monitoring within the zone and /or division (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
- National: manage compliance to agreements,
- Local: manage and execute contract agreements consistent with sourcing guidelines
- Collaborate with Zone Product, DCOs, CMs, FMs, PIMs, RPMs and Sales
- Manage supplier relationships and assist in resolving issues and conflicts related to daily Trade Partner activities
- Maintain all applicable databases (Purchase Pro, DMTs, etc.) used in developing the cost and quantity estimates
- Verify estimates of costs and quantities of residential products using comparative and differential estimating techniques
- Responsible for Trade Partner Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement and validation
- Performs analysis of Trade Partner data submissions and manages impact of commodity fluctuations
- Communicate completed estimates to the construction personnel, trade subcontractors and vendors (Purchase Pro)
- Develop material and labor optimization solutions using Value Engineering tools and methodology
- Control top trade category costs by utilizing zone tools & methods
- Responsible for Project Tracker categories and rebate capture.
- Develop and implement division specific tools and methodologies for estimating and controlling trade category costs as required
- Assist zone estimating in methodology development and optimization
- Manage option programming /customer option estimates
- Follow Pulte business processes for supplier management
- Subject matter expert for the Strategic Sourcing Dir. (if assigned)
- Hiring agent for zone trades for assigned categories
- Develop procurement strategy and plans to meet changing economic and competitive conditions
SCOPE:s and standard operating procedures that assure Trade Partner compliance with Pulte construction standards, local, state and national building codes, and safety regulations
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES Level: Mentor / Coach / Feedback
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
SCOPE: (Decision making, size of organization, budgetary, etc.)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: No
REQUIRED EDUCATION: (Degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- ISCM accreditation preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: (Work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 5 years
- Time in position: Minimum 3 years as a procurement professional
- Business acumen including understanding the impact of purchasing costs on income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures
- Purchasing and supply chain experience
- Ability to negotiate in a cost transparent environment
- Ability to develop and improve vendor partnerships
- Construction knowledge
- Ability to work in continuous improvement environment
- Category expertise and ability to positively influence and lead others outside of the Division
Back to top