Construction Superintendent/Field Manager II - Plymouth, MN
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Responsible for managing the activities of construction projects, ensuring construction schedules, safety, SWPPP, quality standards, and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
- Validate schedule progression and adherence.
- Work with team to share feedback and improve planning activities, including, but not limited to:
- Vendor coaching and performance feedback through schedule and quality recordables
- Design quality, materials management, budget accuracy, and take-off accuracy
- Manage the customer experience throughout the construction process through close of house
- Collaborate with trade partners throughout construction process to improve quality and efficiency
- Build sustainable relationships of trust with the homeowner through open and interactive communication
- Interface with Sales personnel to manage neighborhood and customer activities and referrals
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and SWPPP standards
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design)
- Authorize payment for materials received and work completed
- Ensure trade partner work is completed on time and within defined standards for quality
- Collaborate with Process Improvement, Resource Planning and Purchasing in construction processes
- Inspect/validate workmanship and product quality to conform to Company standards.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL: MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK Without Direct Reports
- Delegates work to trade partners
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Indirect Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: Position involves sitting, standing and/or movement, the ability to exert minimal force of up to 50 pounds and occasionally exert up to 80 pounds of minimal force to carry, lift, push, pull and otherwise move objects. Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding and other means to reach and observe all areas of building
- Ability to work in various weather conditions -- heat, rain, cold, etc.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred
- Valid Driver's License because driving is an essential function of this position.
- Minimum of 2-4 years construction experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year at Field Manager II or equivalent
- Ability to manage construction processes in a high production environment
- Ability to manage trade performance
- Ability to control cost overruns and manage a budget
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong ability to read blueprints
- Strong knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations
- Strong knowledge of building codes
- Strong knowledge of construction-related software (E-Schedule)
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
Back to top