VP of Technical Infrastructure
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The VP of Infrastructure will report to the CTO and will be tasked with delivering the strategic and tactical changes necessary to support and operate a dynamic, high volume transactional, and rapidly changing 24/7 systems environment which covers PulsePoint’s RTB platform.
You will be responsible for leading the frontline Systems, Networking and Data Engineering teams and the data center design/architecture, 24x7 monitoring and change management.
The VP owns the implementation and management of PulsePoint's applications as well as procurement and installation of all hardware, networks, and vendor connectivity designed to target highest response and 100% availability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Directs the daily operation and delivery of PulsePoint's real-time business infrastructure.
- Leads and manages the architecture, design and implementation of the servers and network infrastructure to provide low latency, high-performance systems.
- Develops and executes high degrees of automated process, implementation and delivery of infrastructure and support systems. While delivering constant improvement in real-time identification and resolution of real-time problems.
- Establishes the policies, procedures, and practices to operate the site at full capability while supporting continuous expansion.
- Work with CTO to establish budget and technical road map.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate operational tools, monitoring methods and site metrics and reporting to determine and track needs and trends for support, issues, and capacity.
- Owns and drives the Root Cause Analysis process for system, third party and application failures. Delivers actionable root cause analysis of issues and assists with delivery of results.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Hands-on experience with running a front line 24x7 operations team and developing the staff, tools, SOPs and processes required for a high volume site.
- Hands-on experience with operating a multi zone datacenter infrastructructure.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning is a must.
- Experience with DevOps, Automation, and experience working with custom-software. Ability to implement full automation of maintenance and deployment.
- High level of technical understanding and competence across multiple intersecting disciplines to be able to quickly analyze situations, correlate ideas, and make decisions on issues and resolutions.
- Experience with cloud migration (AWS, GCP)
Functional Skills and Technology Experience
- Good understanding of modern network concepts, TCP/IP stack
- Multi-vendor network infrastructure full life cycle development including vendor relationships, product selection, implementation and retiring
- Experience in datacenter and office network designs using current best practices
- Platforms: Juniper, Arista, A10 Networks
- Understanding of BGP routing protocol
Data Center Skills
- Handling Data Center vendor relationships: contract renewals, adding more space, power etc...
- Developing and execute the strategy for optimal rack design, server types selection and placing considering power, network and space constraints
- Handling Server purchases
- Supervising new server hardware installation
- Capacity Planning
- Rack Rebuild
- SQL Server (Enterprise, P2P Replication)
- HDFS (Hive, Cloudera, Spark, Kudu)
- Automation (Puppet / Ansible)
Monitoring and Alerting
Experience & Education
- A minimum of 3-5 years leading med to large teams.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience managing all aspects of system, network and site operations and design.
- Multiple years of hands-on experience architecting, designing and implementing enterprise class, high-availability, open-system environments, currently based on a RedHat Linux, Dell server and Juniper networking infrastructure.
- Minimum bachelor's degree required with emphasis in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems Management.
What you’ll get:
- Sane work hours within our Midtown NYC office
- Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
- Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)
- Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
- Health & Wellness Fairs
- The opportunity to partake in our Office Fitness Shape-Up Program
- Professional training and industry membership access
- Annual Company Retreat
- Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
- Corporate Discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC)
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Team happy hours and beer-o-clock Fridays
- Awesome snacks: drink bar, coffee bar, ice cream bar, candy bar & fruit bar
- The opportunity to join our Company Basketball Team
- Indoor dart wars, Ping-Pong Tournaments, walking desks, annual office olympics
Want to peek inside the Pulsepoint offices? Check it out here: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/pulsepoint
Back to top