Systems Engineering Manager
PulsePoint™ is a next-gen advertising technology platform that fuses the science of programmatic targeting, distribution and optimization with the art of content marketing. Our platform is powered by terabytes of impression-level data, allowing brands to efficiently engage the right audiences at scale while helping publishers increase yield through actionable insights.
As a part of the Technical Operations team you will work with the best and brightest in AdTech. As the leader of the Systems Engineering team, you will be expected to grow and share your technical knowledge, challenge your fellow team members, and they will challenge you back. This role will be split between hands on work and management duties for a team of 5. Our team is not competitive, but we are goal orientated and driven to succeed- are you the right leader for this position?
What you'll be doing:
- Leading team and projects in technical direction, prioritization, planning and execution.
- Mentoring the team, bringing ideas, contributing to the team success.
- Helping the team with deploying, configuring, monitoring and maintaining 1000+ Linux servers globally, across multiple data centers
- Managing the large-scale Linux infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime
What you'll need:
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in Linux / Unix systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills with which to build relationships, trust, and respect, and are able to leverage this to grow people and the organization.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Experience implementing HA/distributed services and technologies
- Experience implementing and maintaining Disaster recovery strategies.
- Must be able to explain TCP/IP fundamentals
- Experience with scalable infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Develop and automate processes and tooling to support daily operations.
- Evaluate new software, hardware and infrastructure solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate about complex technical subjects with non-technical people a plus
- Ability to navigate a fast paced roadmap with input from various outside team
What's is extra credit:
- Experience in AdTech or High-Frequency Trading a plus
- Experience with Security-related best practices a plus
- Experience in Data Center Management a plus
- Talent for multi-tasking a plus
What you’ll get:
- Sane work hours
- Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
- Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)
- Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
- Health & Wellness Fairs
- The opportunity to partake in our Office Fitness Shape-Up Program
- Professional training and development budget
- Annual Company Retreat
- Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
- Corporate Discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC)
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Team happy hours and Sip And Chat Fridays
- Awesome snacks: drink bar, coffee bar, ice cream bar, candy bar & fruit bar
- The opportunity to join our Company Sports Teams
- Indoor dart wars, ping pong tournements, walking desks, annual office olympics
Want to peek inside the Pulsepoint offices? Check it out here: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/pulsepoint
Meet Some of PulsePoint's Employees
Director, Business Development & Operations, Digital Health Solutions
Elizabeth oversees business development and operations for PulsePoint Digital Health Solutions. She works with advertisers, finding new and innovative ways to target patients, physicians, and insurers in the healthcare industry.
Back to top