Sr. Software Engineer
Pulsepoint is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in building highly efficient, innovative and scalable web based applications and platforms. This role will be part of an incredible team tasked to build a cutting edge platform that will revolutionize the world of content marketing. Our platform will allow our customers to:
Manage their campaign across their distribution channels
Distribute their content at massive scale
Provide actionable insights and analytics
Model and recommend spend and budget management for exceptional results
Interact with real time ad delivery system for advanced content delivery features.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining code across our Content suite of products. The right candidate will have a solid understanding of service oriented architecture, Functional and Object-Oriented Programming, unit testing, integration testing, design patterns and key web development technologies.
PulsePoint has a mix of multiple technology bases including the following: Scala, Akka, Play, Linux, Java, MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Hadoop, AngularJS, Docker. We believe in building the best applications using the best tools for the job and we’re looking for developers who feel the same way!
- Responsible for integrating with new API channels such as Facebook, Twitter
- Complete design and break up the work required to achieve specific business goals
- Mentors and train junior team members.
- Apply your development skills to complete tasks. Work will include design, documentation, coding, generation of automated unit tests, integration testing.
- Diagnose and resolve defects in code.
- Willingness to ‘pitch in’ where necessary. This may require collaboration with others on design, development, testing, documentation and/or production support tasks.
- Enforce team and department software development practices and guidelines.
- Provide strong input to the Software Architect for design of the system
- Be in constant communication with other members of the team. Attend planning, design and retrospective meeting. Plan, track and report progress to the other team members and the team lead.
- Be ready to drive development in the absence of the lead.
- 7+ years of Java or Scala is a must have
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good problem solver. Ability to think outside the box
- Never give up attitude. Work on an issue until it is completed
- Continuous learner. One who keeps up to date with techniques and skills.
- Thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Git or similar DVCS
- Hands on Scala experience
- Play Framework experience
- Akka experience
- Integration with APIs and ETLs
What you’ll get:
- Sane work hours (with flexible scheduling)
- Free health insurance
- Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
- Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)
- Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
- Health & Wellness Fairs
- The opportunity to partake in our Office Fitness Shape-Up Program
- Professional training and industry membership access
- Annual Company Retreat
- Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
- Corporate Discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC)
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Team happy hours and beer-o-clock Fridays
- Awesome snacks: drink bar, coffee bar, ice cream bar, candy bar & fruit bar
- The opportunity to join our Company Basketball Team
- Indoor dart wars, PAC-MAN, Basketball and Ping-Pong Tournaments
Back to top