Sr. Linux Administrator
PulsePoint, a global programmatic advertising platform with specialized healthcare expertise, fuses the science of programmatic targeting, distribution and optimization with the art of brand engagement. The PulsePoint platform is powered by terabytes of impression-level data, allowing brands to efficiently engage the right audiences at scale while helping publishers increase yield through actionable insights.
As a part of the Technical Operations team you will work with the best and brightest in AdTech. As a part of this team you will be challenged, expected to grow your technical knowledge, challenge your fellow team members, and they will challenge you back. Our team is not competitive, but we are goal orientated and driven to succeed.
What you'll be doing:
- Deploying, configuring, monitoring and maintaining 800+ Linux servers globally, across multiple datacenters
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work relevant to the environment
- Managing the large-scale Linux infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime
- Developing and documenting system configuration standards and procedures
- Performance and reliability testing. This may include reviewing configuration, software choices/versions, hardware specs, etc.
- Participate a 24x7 on call rotation supporting the server infrastructure and be willing to jump on escalated issues as needed
- Advancing our technology stack with innovative ideas and new creative solutions
What you'll need:
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in Linux / Unix systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Experience implementing HA/distributed services and technologies
- Understanding of Content Delivery Network operations
- Experience implementing and maintaining Disaster recovery strategies.
- Must be able to explain TCP/IP fundamentals
- Understanding of various load balancing algorithms and strategies (round-robin, least connections, etc.)
- Experience with scalable infrastructure monitoring solutions, esp. sensu, graphite; including capacity alerting and reports.
- Identify areas for workflow improvement within Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices.
- Develop and automate processes and tooling to support daily operations.
- Evaluate new software, hardware and infrastructure solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate about complex technical subjects with non-technical people a plus
- Ability to navigate a fast paced roadmap with input from various outside teams
What's is extra credit:
- Train/mentor junior-level staff
- Experience in AdTech or High-Frequency Trading a plus
- Experience with Security-related best practices a plus
- Experience in Data Center Management a plus
- Talent for multi-tasking a plus
What you’ll get:
- Sane work hours (with flexible scheduling)
- Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
- Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)
- Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
- Health & Wellness Fairs
- The opportunity to partake in our Office Fitness Shape-Up Program
- Professional training and development budget
- Annual Company Retreat
- Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
- Corporate Discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC)
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Team happy hours and beer-o-clock Fridays
- Awesome snacks: drink bar, coffee bar, ice cream bar, candy bar & fruit bar
- The opportunity to join our Company Sports Teams
- Indoor dart wars, PAC-MAN, Basketball and Ping-Pong Tournaments
Meet Some of PulsePoint's Employees
Director, Business Development & Operations, Digital Health Solutions
Elizabeth oversees business development and operations for PulsePoint Digital Health Solutions. She works with advertisers, finding new and innovative ways to target patients, physicians, and insurers in the healthcare industry.
Back to top