Sr. Data Scientist
PulsePoint™ is a next-gen advertising technology platform that fuses the science of programmatic targeting, distribution and optimization with the art of content marketing. Our platform is powered by terabytes of impression-level data, allowing brands to efficiently engage the right audiences at scale while helping publishers increase yield through actionable insights.
Currently, the PulsePoint Exchange:
- Handles hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, billions of times each month
- Evaluates, selects, and optimizes ad-serving based on advanced statistics and machine-learning
- Returns responses collected from dozens of parties in milliseconds
- Constantly evolves to meet market demands that change in days and weeks, not months/years
- Factors thousands of data-points in every serving decision
At PulsePoint, data is at the core of everything we do and Data Sciences is a high profile and high impact team, focusing on creating innovative solutions that rely on predictive modeling and big data analytics which, in turn, informs every layer of our product stack.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work on challenging fundamental data science problems in online advertising.
- Help clients gain greater audience transparency and deeper engagement across digital channels at unprecedented scale, to develop high-performance algorithms for precision targeting, testing and implementing the algorithms in scalable, product-ready code.
- Research and investigate academic and industrial data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques to apply to specific business cases.
- Use thorough knowledge of Big Data and technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Hive, CouchDB, RabbitMQ, or NoSQL.
- MS/PhD in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or BS with several years of applied Machine Learning experience.
- 3+ Years as a Data Scientist, preferable in the Digital Advertising/Media Space
- Experience in data product development
- Strong background in designing, deploying, and optimizing parameters for advanced machine learning and analytic models.
- Thorough knowledge of algorithms commonly used in data science, machine learning, and collaborative filtering with aptitude for original research.
- Experience in Python and SciPy/NumPy/Matplotlib/Pandas/Sci-Kit Learn coding skills.
- Knowledge of and at least two years of experience using core Java programming.
- Sane work hours (with flexible scheduling)
- Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
- Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)
- Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
- Health & Wellness Fairs
- The opportunity to partake in our Office Fitness Shape-Up Program
- Professional training and industry membership access
- Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
- Corporate Discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC)
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Team happy hours and beer-o-clock Fridays
- Awesome snacks: drink bar, coffee bar, ice cream bar, candy bar & fruit bar
- The opportunity to join our Company Basketball Team
- Indoor dart wars, PAC-MAN, Basketball and Ping-Pong Tournaments
Back to top