Director, Data Science
A bit about the role:
The Director is responsible for setting the strategy and pace of data-driven product innovation for the Data Science Team, while ensuring high standards of consulting excellence, active insights, and demonstrating groundbreaking tools/techniques for the Analytics team. The Director will lead a team of highly experienced modelers, developers, analysts, and consulting specialists. The Data Science & Analytics team works closely with Product, Engineering, Business, and Finance to ensure sustained value creation and competitive advantage. Areas of active interest for the team include deep learning applications for revenue optimization, large-scale predictive modeling, image/video classification, NLP, Social Media Mining, Fraud Detection, Graph-theory, etc.
What you'll be doing for us here at Pulsepoint:
- Lead roadmap of data-driven innovation.
- Work with Product, Business, and Engineers to improve the current data products and participate in developing new ones.
- Excellent ability to communicate the vision, work you're doing, and results of complex analytical models to executives, customers, and investors.
- Experience architecting and leading large-scale data products and systems from conception to deployment.
- Build the vision, strategy for the future state of analytics, dash-boarding, and reporting.
- Design and lead the creation of a forward-thinking analytical framework, that enables both reporting and interactive, dedicated exploration, to help improve business and operational efficiencies.
- Thought leadership to supplement analytic exploration and reporting with a statistical mindset to discover opportunities for predictive modeling.
- A consistent record of excellence in statistical modeling and inference, executive consulting, and hands-on proficiency with data modeling, analysis, ETL, and visualization tools.
What we're looking for in you:
- PhD. (preferred) or Master's with extensive work experience in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Machine Vision, Linguistics or NLP, and/or Operations Research.
- 10+ Years of dynamic excellence in large-scale engineering, statistical/predictive modeling, machine learning, team leadership, and analytic consulting.
- Experience in programmatic or digital advertising a plus.
- Experience leading and building out strong and committed teams.
- Collaborative, detail-oriented mind-set coupled with the ability to define and craft creative research agendas is required, as evidenced by a consistent track record of value creation with quantifiable economic value.
- 4+ Years of experience with modern data-science/machine learning stacks, preferably Python, Scikit-learn, Pandas, etc.
- Nice-to-haves: 2+ Years of experience with Hadoop, Spark, Java, and Deep learning libraries (Caffe, Torch 7).
Back to top