Warehouse Person - Orlando
- Orlando, FL
- cleaning break rooms, restrooms, offices, conference rooms, locker rooms, racks, poles, shelves, docks, stack lanes, windows, doors, walls, ceilings, trash cans, under and around compactors, ramps, drains, walkways, hallways of the department/facility and outside areas according to Distribution's Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- emptying trash cans and taking trash to dumpster or compacting
- operating and maintaining industrial equipment such as plastic baler, sweeper/scrubber, vacuum, pressure washers, and mobile foaming unit
- operating cleaning equipment safely and proficiently to clean warehouse floors according to the cleaning schedule
- documenting daily tasks on Master Sanitation Schedule as required to maintain compliance with Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA)
- ensuring quality of product being received
- pressure washing interior and exterior of trailer i.e. wheels, fuel tank, sides of trailers, etc.
- segregating and sorting recycle materials
- reducing shrink by collecting damaged cases, sorting product, repackaging cases and properly labeling to ensure safe and proper shipment to retail
- staging product closer to the reserve or working slot racks using Powered Industrial Trucks to accelerate product put-away and availability
- hauling, stacking and sorting pallets, product or totes
- the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Hours of Work:
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Temperatures could range from 20 degrees below to zero (Frozen Food), 28 degrees to 35 degrees Fahrenheit (Boxed Meat/Dairy), or 35 degrees to 55 degrees Fahrenheit while working in a wet environment (Produce) for an extended period of time. Return Center Warehouse Persons must be able to work in various weather conditions for an extended period of time.Pharmacy Warehouse temperatures could range from 35° to 77° Fahrenheit for an extended period of time.
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
7350 Hazletine National Drive
Other Compensation Information:
- Night Differential: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00 am.).
- Freezer differential: A $.50 per hour freezer differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled in the Frozen Food freezer.
- Weekend differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 am Saturday through 11:59 pm Sunday.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- be at least 18 years old
- successfully complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC) and drug test (applies to Pharmacy Warehouse only)
- not have a positive Publix drug test result within the previous 3 years (applies to Pharmacy Warehouse only)
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- obtain and maintain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- successfully complete a work attitude survey
- ability to use cleaning chemicals and powered industrial equipment that require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- ability to lift product weighing between 62 and 85 pounds
- ability to stack product of varying weights
- ability to bend, stoop, and twist
- ability to sit, stand and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- ability to read, write, identify and verify numbers
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
Potential Annual Base Pay:
27,976 - 38,688
See additional information
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top