Warehouse Person - McCalla
- Helena, AL
The Warehouse Person is responsible for maintaining the appearance of the building according to Distribution's Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures as well as ensuring product is accessible to be safe selection and delivery to stores. This associate works with multiple groups to assist with cleaning industrial equipment, tractor trailers and facility floors. They sort recycling materials and help reduce shrink by collecting damaged cases, sorting product, repackaging and properly labeling cases. Their work follows a Master Sanitation Schedule and each of their completed tasks is documented.
The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as needed.
Hours of Work:
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
7200 Jefferson Metropolitan Parkway
Other Compensation Information:
A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- be at least 18 years old
- obtain and maintain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
- be able to:
- work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- use cleaning chemicals and powered industrial equipment that require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- lift a minimum of 62 pounds
- stack product of varying weights
- bend, stoop, and twist
- sit, stand and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- read, write, identify and verify numbers
- work under strict time requirements
- interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- work in environments exceeding 90 degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period
- work in various weather conditions for an extended period
- current McCalla distribution associate
Potential Annual Base Pay:
27,976 - 38,688
Temperatures could exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period of time. Return Center Warehouse Persons must be able to work in various weather conditions for an extended period of time.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top