Warehouse Forklift Operator, Part-Time, Weekends - McCalla
- Helena, AL
Simply put, our Warehouse Forklift Operators are masters of skillfully maneuvering industrial powered equipment. Join the team and use your skills to help Publix Distribution maintain a smooth, safe, and orderly process when moving product within Publix's warehouses. Warehouse Forklift Operators maneuver powered industrial equipment to move cases and pallets and put them into their assigned slots in the warehouse. They move product from the receiving dock to reserve locations. As pick locations are emptied by Warehouse Selectors, the Warehouse Forklift Operators replenish them, pulling product from reserve locations. The Warehouse Forklift Operators take care to rotate inventory using the most dated inventory first. Furthermore, the Warehouse Forklift Operators help maintain a clean warehouse and sweep out empty slots. Occasionally, they fill in for the Warehouse Selectors, and other positions, as business needs demand. The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Hours of Work:
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
7200 Jefferson Metropolitan Parkway
Other Compensation Information:
Night differential: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00 a.m.).
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. The bonus for this position is 8 hours of pay when a new associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to 8 hours' pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
Maximum Base Pay:
- be at least 18 years old
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
- obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- ability to lift product weighing between 62 pounds
- ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- ability to bend, stoop, and twist
- ability to operate a pallet truck or forklift without any part of his or her body exposed outside of the operator compartment
- ability to stack product of varying weights
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to read, write, and identify and verify numbers
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions.
- Current McCalla distribution associate
Potential Annual Base Pay:
Temperatures could exceed 90+ degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period of time.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
Back to top