Vacation/Shift Relief Operator, Dairy - Atlanta
- Winder, GA
- performing the functions of each position throughout the department to cover for planned and unplanned absences and relief for breaks
- providing work direction to associates in the department
- serving as a positive role model for all associates
- participating in setup and cleanup activities as required for production
- operation of equipment in the following areas: Milk Filling, Blow Mold, Single Serve Labeling, Bottle Mezzanine, Single Serve Casing
- performing certain tasks assigned by the Department Manager and Utility Trainer during their absence
- promoting Good Manufacturing Practices and safety in the department
- performing required preventative maintenance tasks
- completing all necessary paperwork required by the position and
- other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
Shift varies depending upon the postion on vacation. Rotating days
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
445 Hurricane Trail
Other Compensation Information:
Weekend Differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- must be at least 18 years old
- must demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- must demonstrate safe working habits
- must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- must be able to obtain a license and operate forklift
- must be able to learn and perform all positions
- must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- must have the ability to be assertive
- must be able to work on an elevated platform
- must have basic mechanical skills
- must be able to bend/stoop squat down, etc.
- must have good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team player)
- must be able to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- must be willing to assist other team members in other areas
- must be able to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time
- must be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- must be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- must be able to use creative thinking for troubleshooting
- must possess general knowledge of machine operation
- must possess basic math skills
- must be able to communicate effectively
- must show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- must show a commitment to Publix and our mission.
Potential Annual Base Pay:
40,456 - 55,744
Temperatures range from 60 to 70 degrees inside and varies outside.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- General equivalency diploma reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Holiday bonus
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Direct deposit of your earnings
- Credit union
- Recognition for continuous service through service awards at five-year intervals
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless service and device purchases
- Associate wellness program which offers free health screenings and flu shots
- 6 paid holidays and premium pay for holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top