Thermal Processing/Tumbler Operator, Overnight, Deli - Lakeland
- Lakeland, FL
- producingquality productsin a strict food safe environment
- monitoring and adjusting process cook cycles to ensure "Top Quality" Publix Deli Meats
- practicing strict sanitation and GMP practices to ensure food safe products are being manufactured
- operating all equipment in department (thermal processing units, tumblers, electric jack, blast chiller and blast cells)
- transportingcooking racks (1300 lb.'s and up) and ham tubs (2000 lb.'s and up)
- maintainingdocumentation (run sheets, sanitation reports, HACCP reports,SAP reports etc.) to be in compliance with USDA, USDA Chilling regulations and GMP regulations
- maintaining the higheststandards of cleanliness andensuring that HACCP and GMP requirements are being accomplished and maintained
- possessing the knowledge and understanding of the art of Thermal Processing products and
- other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
1:00pm - 9:30am, rotating days off
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
345 North Galloway Rd
Other Compensation Information:
Night differential: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Weekend Differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
The required qualifications for this position include:
- must be at least 18 years old
- must demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- must possess general knowledge of machine operation with the ability to recognize problems when they occur
- be proficient in performing the necessary preventive maintenance on all thermal processing and tumbling equipment
- must demonstrate safe working habits
- must be able to lift in excess of 100 pounds frequently
- must be able to learn and perform all positions
- must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- must have good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team player)
- must be able to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours with possible overtime (this process is a 24 hr. process when needed, depending on production demands)
- ability to recognize correct spice blends and water combinations used in the tumbling operation
- must be able to work under stressful situations, able to accept change in an effort towards continuous improvement
- must be organized to accomplish a variety of tasks
- be proficient in performing all Sanitation responsibilities (CIP - Housekeeping)
- must be dependable and possess good follow up skills
- must understand Lockout/Tagout compliance requirements
- good verbal and written communication
- must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- must be willing to assist other team members in other areas
- must be able to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time and
- must be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
Potential Annual Base Pay:
37,752 - 52,000
Temperatures range from 35 to 85 degrees. Wet and slippery.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top