Teacher, Child Development Center - Lakeland
- Lakeland, FL
- planning a safe, healthy learning environment rich with experiences to advance a child's physical and intellectual development, including ways to support a child's social and emotional development
- responsible for lesson plan preparation indicating developmentally appropriate activities as stated by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Hours of Work:
9:30 am - 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Teacher - 11.00-13.00
Teacher with CDA or Associate Degree - 11.50-14.50
Teacher with BS or Graduate Degree - 12.00-16.00
Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
345 N. Galloway Road
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- ability to lift up to 40-45 lbs. repetitively
- background investigation
- ability to work with children and maintain a positive behavior
- ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
- positive communication skills with all ages.
- CDA/FCCPC Certification
- Prior Child Development experience in infants and toddlers.
- Forty-five hours State Mandated Training Certificates.
Potential Annual Base Pay:
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top