Sanitation Worker, PM, Bakery - Lakeland
- Lakeland, FL
- cleaning break rooms, restrooms, offices, conference rooms, locker rooms, windows, doors and hallways of the plant/facility daily
- maintaining floors in all non-production areas such as rest rooms, break rooms, hallways and conference rooms which include stripping, waxing, buffing, mopping, sweeping and vacuuming
- using cleaning chemicals and equipment that require personal protective equipment
- stocking supplies, taking inventory and preparing weekly supply orders
- organizing and maintaining housekeeping closets
- preparing lockers for pesticide treatment periodically
- assisting in preparing and sorting recycle materials
- assisting in other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
2:00 pm - 10:30 pm, Rotating Schedule
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
3260 New Tampa Hwy
Other Compensation Information:
A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Weekend differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- must be at least 18 years old
- must demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- must demonstrate safe working habits
- must be able to work with chemicals and industrial cleaners
- must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- must have good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team player)
- must be able to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- must be willing to assist other team members in other areas
- must be able to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time
- must be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- must be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- must possess basic math skills
- must be able to communicate effectively
- must show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- must show a commitment to Publix and our mission.
Potential Annual Base Pay:
26,312 - 36,088
Temperatures range from 30 to 85 degrees. Wet and slippery.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top