Refrigeration Technician, PM, Industrial Maintenance - Atlanta
- Winder, GA
Join the Publix Industrial Refrigeration team as a Refrigeration Technician! You'll help service ammonia refrigeration systems in our refrigerated warehouses and manufacturing facilities to maintain a climate-controlled environment and keep foods and beverages fresh. Refrigeration Technicians perform preventive maintenance that incorporates industry best practices. They also troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment. Without our Refrigeration Technicians, Publix couldn't produce the volume and quality of products needed to serve our customers.
One of the following positions is available: Refrigeration Technician Class A, B, or C.
The position offered is contingent upon the qualifications and work experience of the candidate.
Relocation assistance is available.
Primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
- maintaining and operating Industrial Refrigeration systems
- conducting daily rounds to observe and record temperatures and humidity levels, and making minor adjustments
- working from requests to repair and perform predictive and preventative maintenance procedures on ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems including, but not limited to compressors, pumps, fans, heat exchangers, glycol systems, various industrial utility systems, motors, and power distribution systems
- handling or training of entry level refrigeration technicians including, but not limited to day to day operations, inspections and inspection techniques, basic repairs and repair techniques, and conformance to all state, local, and Publix regulations and policies
- participating in improvement activities that include improving the process, improving the work, and making recommendations for enhancing the systems by prioritizing work and minimizing down time to our HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- performing general housekeeping duties such as cleaning and washing equipment, maintaining clean work areas and a clean and organized company vehicle
- other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
2:00pm - 12:30am; rotating days
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
445 Hurricane Trail
Other Compensation Information:
Weekend Differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Night differential: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- at least 18 years old
- ability to obtain Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Section 608 certification (within one year of his/her start date)
- ability to obtain medical clearance to wear respiratory protection (air purifying respirators) within two weeks of accepting the contingent offer (requires maintaining facial hair in a manner ensuring the respirator fits properly)
- ability to lift a minimum of 65 pounds
- experience using hand tools
- ability to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties
- ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
- ability to conform to all OSHA, PSM, HAZMAT, and Publix safety programs and regulations
- ability to withstand walking, lifting, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, walking on roofs, and working in confined spaces
- ability to learn and understand proper handling and recycling instructions for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC), hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC), and ammonia refrigerant
- ability to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, compressors, and auxiliary refrigeration equipment
- ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings
- ability to generate and process work on a computerized maintenance management system
- ability to demonstrate safe work habits
- ability to interpret, understand, follow, and communicate instructions
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- ability to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- basic computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- basic math skills
- self-motivated to work independently with little or no supervision
- willing to assist other team members in other areas
- ability to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- experience in glycol, heat exchangers, HVAC, and water chiller systems
- experience in electrical systems including single and three phase motor systems, power distribution, and low voltage controls with the ability to troubleshoot to the component level
- experience maintaining 480V C3 phase motor control systems
- experience troubleshooting 480V C3 phase motor control systems
- experience in refrigeration including maintaining and troubleshooting systems using ammonia or Freon
- working knowledge of process instrumentation
- working knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting PLC controllers
- Hazmat Certification
- Refrigeration Engineers Technician Association (RETA) certification
Potential Annual Base Pay:
44,200 - 73,320
Temperatures could range from 20 degrees below to 90 degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period of time.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- General equivalency diploma reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Holiday bonus
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Direct deposit of your earnings
- Credit union
- Recognition for continuous service through service awards at five-year intervals
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless service and device purchases
- Associate wellness program which offers free health screenings and flu shots
- 6 paid holidays and premium pay for holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top