Refrigeration Technician, HVAC, Industrial Maintenance - Orlando
- Orlando, FL
Join the Publix Industrial Refrigeration team as a Refrigeration Technician (HVAC)! You'll help service HVAC and refrigeration systems in our non-retail facilities to maintain a climate-controlled environment. Refrigeration Technicians perform preventive maintenance that incorporates industry best practices. They also troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment. Without our Refrigeration Technicians, Publix couldn't produce the volume and quality of products needed to serve our customers.
Primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
- maintaining and operating the HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- working from requests to repair and perform predictive and preventative maintenance procedures on HVAC and refrigeration systems including rooftop package units, split HVAC systems, walk-in coolers and freezers, ice machines and chilled water systems.
- guiding or training entry level refrigeration technicians including, but not limited to: day to day operations, inspections and inspection techniques, basic repairs and repair techniques, and conformance to all state, local, and Publix regulations and policies.
- participating in improvement activities that include improving the process, improving the work, and making recommendations for enhancing the systems by prioritizing work and minimizing down time to our HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- performing general housekeeping duties such as cleaning and washing equipment, maintaining clean work areas and a clean and organized company vehicle
- other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
7350 Hazletine National Drive
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
The required qualifications for this position include:
- must be at least 20 years old
- must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain authorization to drive a company vehicle immediately after start date in the position
- ability to obtain an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Section 608 certification (within six months of his/her start date)
- ability to obtain medical clearance to wear respiratory protection (air purifying respirators) within two weeks of accepting the contingent offer (requires maintaining facial hair in a manner ensuring the respirator fits properly)
- ability to lift a minimum of 65 pounds
- at least one year of experience in electrical systems including single and three phase motor systems, power distribution, and low voltage controls with the ability to troubleshoot to the component level
- at least one year of experience with 480VAC three phase motor control systems
- at least two years of experience in HVAC, chilled water, and refrigeration including maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration systems
- ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings
- ability to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency
- ability to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, compressors, and auxiliary refrigeration equipment using Freon
- ability to demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting techniques
- ability to conform to all OSHA, PSM, HAZMAT, and Publix safety programs and regulations
- ability to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties
- ability to withstand walking, lifting, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, walking on roofs, and working in confined spaces
- good written and verbal communication skills
- basic computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- ability to learn and understand proper handling and recycling instructions for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC).
- ability to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- capable of generating and processing work on a computerized maintenance management system
- basic math skills
- ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently with little or no supervision
- ability to demonstrate safe work habits
- ability to interpret, understand, follow, and communicate instructions
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- excellent attendance and punctuality
- ability to work well with others and as a team member
- willing to assist other team members in other areas
- ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
- obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work, and a
- commitment to Publix and our mission.
- Hazmat Certification
- NATE Certifications
- experience with Insight Control Systems
- experience with Carrier Comfort Link
- experience with Envision Control Systems
Potential Annual Base Pay:
Temperatures can range from -20 to 140 degrees. Work in confined spaces.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- General equivalency diploma reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Holiday bonus
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Direct deposit of your earnings
- Credit union
- Recognition for continuous service through service awards at five-year intervals
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless service and device purchases
- Associate wellness program which offers free health screenings and flu shots
- 6 paid holidays and premium pay for holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top