Pharmacy Technician, Part-Time, Central Pharmacy - Orlando
- Orlando, FL
Central Fill Technicians will support Central Fill pharmacists in their efforts to provide prescribed medication to patients. Technicians in Central Fill will perform all the tasks the state of Florida classifies being executed by a pharmacist or certified technician under the supervision of a pharmacist. This includes using complex equipment and machines, integrated with computers to guide the efforts of filling large canisters with tablets and capsules, replacing these canisters in the high-speed robotic counting machines with full ones, counting and pouring medicines into bottles and labeling bottles and unit of use medicines with the prescription label. These tasks require vigilant attention to detail and the ability to work at an accurate, quick sustained rate for hours.
- Working in the canister replenishment room;
- the technician will retrieve the manufacturer's stock bottle(s) of tablets or capsules needed to refill a particular canister
- The technician will record the lot and expiration data in the Symphony software system,open the bottles, remove desiccants and other items, and refill the canisters
- Working between the canister replenishment room and the robots, with a cart and tablet computer;
- the technician will carefully remove empty canisters from the robotic counting machines, and replace them with a full canister of tablets or capsules
- Working in the canister replenishment room, the manual fill stations, the refrigerated stations, and other locations;
- the Tech will stock shelves with products arriving in from other locations, and
- take and return products to the technician doing the actual counting, pouring and labeling of the canister/product
- Record movements to maintain accountability and the ability to find the needed inventory
- Record the inventory movement in the computer to maintain accurate locations of inventory
- Working at the manual fill stations and the refrigerated dispensing stations;
- the technician will count and label prescription products with their label, and
- image the product using a camera for remote verification by a pharmacist.
Hours of Work:
Monday - Sunday, with flexibility for varied schedule between the hours of 5am - 2am
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
2424 Orlando Central Pkwy
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. The bonus for this position is 8 hours of pay when a new associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to 8 hours' pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
Maximum Base Pay:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- At least one (1) year experience working in a retail, central fill, mail order or specialty pharmacy, or other similar high volume prescription production environment
- Registered as a pharmacy technician (or able to be registered) with the State of Florida as a "technician in training"
- Knowledge of retail pharmacy environment and industry
- Knowledge of pharmacy software (retail and central fill), and other software used in Publix retail and warehouse locations
- Knowledge of retail pharmacy laws, rules and operating policies and procedures
- The ability to recognize problems quickly and accurately, determine the best possible solution and bring it to leadership for quick action
- Ability to stand and or walk for extended periods of time without leaving the assignment
- Dexterity to work with small tablets, capsules and other items. Seize, hold, grasp tablets tubes, boxes, and bottles and caps
- The ability to correctly perceive the size, shape, color, temperature, or texture of packaged items by touching with fingertips (for retrieving items from shelves). The ability to see items in close proximity and be able to identify and distinguish colors and markings
- Lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds
- Human relation and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work a variable daily schedule (between 7am to 10pm, could be extended), including nights and weekends and all holidays; flexibility required.
- Two (2) or more years' experience working in a retail, central fill, mail order or specialty pharmacy, or other similar environment. Any experience with Innovation automation equipment and/or software
- Associate's or other advanced college and technical degrees in any field
- Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Potential Annual Base Pay:
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.
Back to top