Maintenance Technician, Overnight, Dairy Processing - Dacula
- Winder, GA
As a Maintenance Technician for the Publix Dairy Plant, you'll maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and improve the performance of a wide array of equipment.Collectively, the associates in our dairy plants process 100 million gallons of fresh milk a year. They also produce Publix brand ice cream, bottled water, iced teas, fruit drinks and juices, cultured products like yogurt and cottage cheese, and carbonated beverages.Without our Maintenance Technicians keeping this manufacturing equipment fine-tuned, the Publix Dairy Plants simply couldn't produce the volume and quality of products needed to serve our customers.Our threedairy plantsare located in Lakeland, Florida; Deerfield Beach, Florida; and Dacula, Georgia.
One of the following positions is available: Maintenance Technician Class A, B, or C.
The position offered is contingent upon the qualifications and work experience of the candidate.
Relocation assistance is available.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- maintaining and improving the performance and condition of equipment and facilities at the Dairy Plant utilizing preventive and condition-based maintenance techniques, and state of the art tools,
- troubleshooting and repairing electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and equipment,
- creating requisitions to procure parts and supplies,
- fabricating steel, stainless steel, and aluminum components and structures as required to improve the safety, sanitation, and performance of equipment and processes,
- performing stick, TIG, sanitary TIG, and MIG welding,
- troubleshooting PLCs, PLC networks, HMIs, instrumentation, and microprocessor -controlled devices,
- performing minor plumbing, and building repair and maintenance,
- operating forklifts and high lifts, and other powered lift equipment,
- training other team members,
- performing housekeeping duties in the work area, and
- assisting with other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
12:00am - 10:30am, rotating nights
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
445 Hurricane Trail
Other Compensation Information:
A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Weekend differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- at least 18 years old
- basic mechanical and electrical aptitude
- basic knowledge of hand tools and tool use
- willingness and ability to advance
- willingness to complete a mechanical aptitude test (on or before hire date)
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong problems-solving skills
- self-motivated individual
- ability to lift in excess of 50lbs
- ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- ability to demonstrate safe work habits
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- flexible and willing to work various shifts
- willing to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- experience maintaining, troubleshooting,and repairing the following:
- electro-mechanical components and systems
- pneumatic components and systems
- process instrumentation
- experience maintaining programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- experience troubleshooting programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- documented PLC and instrumentation training
- experience maintaining 480V C3 motor starters, variable frequency drives, and distribution systems
- experience troubleshooting 480V C3 motor starters, variable frequency drives, and distribution systems
- degree or certification from a recognized industrial maintenance or millwright training program
- ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and drawings
- experience testing, operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining reverse osmosis (RO), carbon filtration, wastewater pH correction, and UV and ozone treatment systems
- experience in cleaning and maintaining water delivery systems; including valves, pumps and piping
- experience inspecting back flow preventers for proper operation
- strong analytical skills
- ability to train others
- previous food plant experience
Potential Annual Base Pay:
41,288 - 71,656
Temperatures could range from 30 degrees to 90 degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period of time.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top