Kubernetes Senior Engineer 2
- Lakeland, FL
Publix is seeking a highly motivated senior engineer to enable the adoption of a digital platform based on Kubernetes. This position is a challenging role as the associate will be responsible for contributing to the creation and support of our digital platform that includes running Kubernetes from the Public Cloud, Data Center, and at the Edge.
Hours of Work:
Minimum 45 hours per week.
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note that Publix will not sponsor any hire for this position for an H-1B visa or permanent residence.
321 S. Kentucky Ave
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus:
91,780 - - 137,735
Year End Bonus:
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month's extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year.This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Maximum Base Pay:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related analytical field, or equivalent experience
- 4 years administering a Kubernetes cluster in a production environment
- 4 years experience working with OCI container platforms such as Docker or RKT
- 4 years using configuration automation such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and etc
- 4 years administering a Linux distribution in a production environment
- Experience with identifying and remediating Kubernetes vulnerabilities
- Experience with maintenance such as Kubernetes patches and upgrades
- Experience managing multiple Kubernetes clusters in a production environment
- Experience managing Kubernetes clusters in cloud providers such as Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience working with Git and supporting CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to Publix and our Mission
- An active Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) certification
- Experience with OpenShift Container Platform
- Experience with logging and monitoring applications such as Prometheus, Elasticsearch, FluentD, Kibana, Grafana, and etc.
- Experience with Artifactory or Nexus
- Experience with working virtualization technologies such as VMWare
- Knowledge of Kubernetes DNS how it interacts with external DNS servers
- Experience collaborating with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top